Opportunities at the best advertising, marketing, digital, design and production agencies, and client-side placements will be found here. Roles cover every level within account handling, marketing, production and planning.
Post date: 4th November 2019
A global marketing agency that creates connected brands, who harness creativity, technology and culture to create connected brands that drive value for their clients and impact the world.
Their clients include global FMCG, automotive, pharma, sports, travel, alcohol and beauty brands. They are part of a large network of agencies globally.
Reporting into the Chief Experience Officer, the UX Director will be a key part of the senior experience team and be an integral part in driving growth and creating world class human centred experience. A key part of the role will be helping clients understand who their customers are to their motivations and habits whilst spotting opportunities to transform their overall Experience and long-term strategic goal.
The UX Director will manage and a grow a cross functional team of UX & UI deisgners. You will be responsible for their career development, coaching them throughout and really driving their careers forward.
Working closely with the Chief Experience Office, you will be responsible for growing and building out the CX practise, providing strategy and UX services to all of their clients. Important you can spot opportunity to develop and grow clients creating future revenue earning.
Work with clients to shape project objectives, KPIs, requirements, and a deeper understanding of the project’s challenges
Prepare and facilitate workshops internally and externally
Lead the user experience from discovery and conception, through to design, user testing, development and deployment
Advocate responsibly and effectively for the people who will use the services and products you design
Seek and deliver creative solutions at the intersection of marketing and technology
Lead and mentor junior UX team members
Build strong relationships with internal teams
Work with client services to identify or shape new business opportunities
Support the UX Director to improve the quality of processes, deliverables, and multi-disciplinary collaboration
- Be available to travel domestically and internationally for client workshops
- Manage your work so that quality work is achieved within time and budget constraints
- Escalate project issues to your line manager, and/or project manager
- Demonstrate deep practical knowledge of the principles of human-centred design
- Significant experience working with design and technical constraints and being able to think creatively and laterally to design appropriate solutions that push the boundaries, but are still feasible
- Significant experience working with national or multinational brands, corporations, and organisations
- Experience conducting qualitative research including depth interviews, contextual inquiries, and user testing
- Demonstrate the ability to design experiences for those with accessible requirements
- Demonstrate the ability to think both holistically and in detail when designing the solution to a problem
- Comfortable managing ambiguity on projects and identifying ways for clarification
- Comfortable articulating the rationale behind your design decisions to internal and external stakeholders
- Comfortable presenting to senior stakeholders
- Desired experience with modern prototyping tools such as Sketch, Pixate, Origami
- Show significant interest in future of the user experience discipline, and the broader design of human-centred experiences
WHY WORK FOR THIS AGENCY?
- Good prospects- If you work hard you could potentially move up into different departments within the agency.
- A great opportunity to gain a foot in the door to a fun and dynamic team.
- Lots of talented people to meet and work with.
- Lots of opportunities to help on different projects beyond the day to day role.
- Supportive and friendly team.
- Buzzy, fun atmosphere.
- Good perks.
- Based in a central location.
(Following successful completion of your probationary period)
- 20 days’ holiday per calendar year, rising to 22 days after 2 years’ service and an additional 1 day per year up to a maximum of 25 thereafter
- You will receive 3 additional discretionary days holiday to be taken between Christmas and New Year
- Auto enrolment into the pension scheme after 3 months at 4% contribution. After one year’s service the company will match the contribution up to 5% upon request.
- Private healthcare with BUPA after one year’s service
- Group Income Protection at up to 75% of salary for up to 5 years
- Life Assurance Cover at 4 times annual salary
A great opportunity to join this business in a PERMANENT ROLE – they will consider Freelance to Perm too.
Apply to me today! email@example.com
If this sounds like you or a friend then do get in touch...