Opportunities at the best advertising, marketing, digital, design and production agencies, and client-side placements will be found here. Roles cover every level within account handling, marketing, production and planning.
Senior Resource Manager – Agency experience
Post date: 22nd August 2019
Strategy/Account Management and Project Management – Resource Management
As Resource Manager you will be working directly with the PMO/Resource Director on a daily/weekly basis to ensure optimal resourcing to client delivery needs, being mindful of scope and requirements. You need to be focused on the who, what, when and how, and acting as proactive solution finders to Client / PMO challenges. In order to deliver on this, the Resource Manager must understand the skill a community has, and the skills it needs to always be ahead of the industry.
Working closely with the discipline leads, the Resource Manager, understand the diet of work the agency is producing today, tomorrow and in the future to ensure we have the right people, in the right roles, at the right time in order to meet changing client needs, and work with Talent Acquisition to ensure that we have the right pipeline to fulfil this.
Integrating a new
resourcing system ensuring all job allocations, timesheets and job movements
are automated will allow the Resource Managers to work both within their
community and peer group to bring together high performing teams; knowing which
individuals are best for which briefs and who works well together.
The Resource Managers will be the lynchpin of the agency, with up to date knowledge of who is working on what and who is skilled to deliver against the right briefs.
- Focusing on an area of the agency (Strategy/Account Management and PMO)
you will develop a good working relationship with the craft community and
capability leads in order to truly know and understand the craft
- Partnering with the above you will develop an understanding of the skills and capabilities required in your particular area of the business, now and for the future
- Work alongside the Talent Acquisition team to ensure we are pipelining great talent within the craft
- Proactively find resourcing solutions to client and PMO challenges within the business
- Actively seeking information in order to make informed resourcing decisions
- Supporting the craft lead with management of the community’s resources and utilisation.
- Working with other RM’s to create teams that blend against the project brief. (ie removing duplication in roles)
- Working daily with the PMO/Resource Director to ensure: the right resource is assigned to projects, is working against deadlines, and is retained on projects from start to finish
- You work collaboratively with TM on learning and development initiatives, skill sets and motivations
- You will ensure workflow documentation is constantly updated and hold regular meetings with the PMO to establish timings for new briefs coming in
- You will maintain an oversight of all areas of resource maintained by the resourcing team
- You will develop a good working relationship with all the creative teams and maintain a knowledge of all the work in progress within the departments to establish their capacity to take on new briefs.
- Support TA in building and maintaining relationships with key recruiters in order to consistently pipeline for future talent
KPI’s: Margin, Employee Utilisation, Employee Billability, Regrettable churn
Key Skills and Experience
- Demonstrates a deep understanding of agency business in order to deliver against people resourcing requirements
- Pro-active attitude
- Works well under pressure
- Intuitive understanding of resource management tools such as YunoJuno and Icims,
- Is able to think about people planning in short and long-term bases
- Respect and understanding of our product and creativity
- Experience working in creative agency in resourcing roles
- Well organised and efficient
- Solid financial control and acumen
- A strategic and pragmatic approach towards all resource management issues
- Change orientation: open to new ideas and ways of working
FANTASTIC opportunity to work in a busy, large agency with a really strong and experienced Resource Director and team. Apply today for September start:-)
If this sounds like you or a friend then do get in touch...