Opportunities at the best advertising, marketing, digital, design and production agencies, and client-side placements will be found here. Roles cover every level within account handling, marketing, production and planning.
Senior Account Manager/Account Director – Corporate Communications Agency
Post date: 27th August 2019
Senior Account Manager in corporate communications: a role at the heart of a fast-developing business
A corporate comms agency client of mine is seeking an enthusiastic and bright-minded person to join their growing team, with a can-do attitude, a strong focus on client service and an excellent attention to detail.
As the main point of contact for the agency clients, the Senior Account Manager is responsible for ensuring the smooth delivery of the corporate communications projects – from briefing designers, strategists and copywriters, to managing budgets and, where applicable, working with the Account Director/Account Executive on the project. The role will provide the opportunity to develop an in-depth knowledge of your clients to help grow the corporate communications partnerships, whilst simultaneously providing opportunities to mentor other members of the team.
Your main responsibilities would be:
- Primarily responsible for the management of relationships with clients. As the senior point of contact for clients, the Senior Account Manager also co-ordinates the resources needed to service projects and balances the expectations of clients with the execution of each project.
- Leading a team to provide the utmost level of client service and liaising with clients at a senior level on a day-to-day basis.
- Taking the lead in the strategy and implementation of client projects and co-ordinating the internal teams to push clients creatively and strategically.
- Identifying opportunities with existing clients to help achieve additional business targets and to grow the corporate communications partnerships with the agency clients to increase overall spend.
- Playing a positive role in the business development programme through working with the pitch team on research and preparing for, and attending, pitches for prospective clients.
- Monitoring and updating key milestones, as necessary, to ensure projects are completed within the agreed and required timeframes.
- Overview and management of project budget, including drafting initial cost estimates for approval, management of resource time allocation and monitoring of project specification to ensure the project remains within the initial scope, and that any specification changes are charged for accordingly.
- Overseeing production planning for your team within the production calendars and overview of team production list.
- Training and development of other members of Client Services team, on a one-on-one and group basis.
For this role, this agency are looking for a candidate who:
- has a university degree (preferably English, business or media related) or related experience;
- has experience of working in a corporate communications agency in a similar role (must know Annual Reports!)
- has strong interpersonal and communication skills, and is committed to the importance of client/customer relationships;
- has a can-do attitude, is organised and is a highly proactive administrator;
- has an in-depth knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint; and
- has excellent attention to detail.
The agency offer a competitive salary, depending on experience, and a number of benefits:
- Profit share scheme*
- Private health cover*
- Free annual eye test*
- Free income protection*
- Christmas office shutdown*
- Gym membership*
- 31 days’ annual holiday entitlement – including birthday day off, 2 days (16 hours) of personal time and bank holidays – plus Christmas office shutdown
- Charity day incentive
- Workplace pension scheme
- Agile working where possible
- Active social scene and company events
- Weekly fruit delivery
- Pizza, pastries and cake
* Benefits eligible after probationary period.
About the agency
The business are VERY established and are a leading UK corporate communications partner supporting businesses ranging from the FTSE 350 through to AIM, as well as private companies and those new to market. They work in print, digital and moving image and specialise in six core areas across numerous sectors:
- Annual reports
- Investor presentations
- Corporate websites
- Video and animation
- Corporate branding
- Sustainability communications
The agency are flexible on level of experience for this role and so if you are an Account Manager, Senior Account Manager or Account Director – do please apply and we can discuss in more detail!
If this sounds like you or a friend then do get in touch...