Opportunities at the best advertising, marketing, digital, design and production agencies, and client-side placements will be found here. Roles cover every level within account handling, marketing, production and planning.
Senior Account Director/Strategist – social, data and innovation agency.
Post date: 28th November 2019
My client is an independent marketing technology agency based in London and New York, who are on a mission to combine technology and creativity to solve brands’ problems. They are looking for a Lead Account Director/Strategist to lead a team and your own accounts both client servicing and advising on Strategy.
The agency bring together data, technology, content, and paid-media to drive revenue for brands.
Core services are:
– Digital and social media strategy
– Marketing technology consultancy
– Digital channel optimisation
– Creative ideas development
– Digital content production
– Biddable social media planning and buying
– Data analytics and insight
– Social CRM design and implementation
– Building marketing technology products
– Influencer relationship management
You will act as the LEAD Account Director/Strategist on all the work the agency delivers for specific clients. They don’t believe in siloed teams – content, technology, media and data overlap in all roles at the agency. This person will develop the strategy for the brands they lead and oversee day-to-day delivery of that strategy; including managing a team. They will represent the agency to their clients, adding value to relationships beyond organisational skills – we want a mixture of an account manager and a planner, not your typical suit.
Marketing and technology is converging at a rapid rate. Technology can now deliver the marketing promise of personalised communications at scale. However, technology is useless without ideas that capture consumers’ imaginations. They need someone who understands their client’s customers, who can put themselves in their shoes to create strategies and ideas that exceed expectations, who understands that brands are competing for consumers’ attention and have at best a couple of seconds to inspire some sort of interaction. They need people who can come up with big ideas as well as lots of little ones that are framed in a solid strategy grounded in insight and ultimately deliver a tangible ROI for their clients.
Candidates must have experience managing teams and complex campaigns for brands.
In this role, you will:
– Lead, line-manage, motivate and inspire your team
– Develop annual strategies, identifying priorities for the year
– Oversee, project manage and work with teams to develop brilliant digital content (creative, production)
– Manage deliverables from across the business (content, technology, media, data)
– Ensure delivery of work is to the highest possible standard
– Ensure constant innovation across all deliverables
– Contribute to the creative process by sharing your ideas and experience
– Manage budgets for campaigns and always-on activity
– Manage client budgeting
– Manage relationships with platforms and partners
– Present work internally and externally
– Complete work to deadline and often under pressure
SKILLS AND PREVIOUS EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
This agency’s offering is advanced for the industry, and they rely on great people. To be considered for this role, you will need the skills or experience outlined below.
– 7+ years experience in roles involving account management and strategic planning
– Experience managing complex campaigns (experience in paid social preferred)
– Experience working on a global brand
– Confident with both brand and conversion/direct-response campaigns
– Experience leading, motivating and coaching team members
– Strong client relationship management skills
– Brilliant written and verbal English communication skills
– Advanced problem-solving skills
– Excellent organisational skills and high attention to detail
– Excellent time management skills
– Excellent presentation skills
– Strong creative skills
– Ability to build and maintain strong relationships with clients
– Ability to react quickly within a fast-paced environment
– Ability to remain focused under pressure and work under tight deadlines
– Proficiency in the use of Office
– Proficient in working with data
An exciting business who are at a time of growth – contact me today if this opportunity resonates with you and your past work experience.
If this sounds like you or a friend then do get in touch...