Opportunities at the best advertising, marketing, digital, design and production agencies, and client-side placements will be found here. Roles cover every level within account handling, marketing, production and planning.
Resource Manager – Comms Agency, Digital
Post date: 11th September 2019
Digital Service & Planning Manager: a mid-level role at the heart of this fast-developing digital business
This corporate communications agency is seeking an organised and task-oriented individual to join their growing team, with experience in managing multiple schedules and project tasks for a busy digital team and overseeing output before work is handed back to account managers or clients. From time to time there may also be the need to take the lead on full lifecycle website builds from specification through to design, development and launch
Reporting into the Digital Director, you will be primarily responsible for managing the digital team’s workflow, communicating between creative, technical and client/project management teams, as well as external resources/suppliers, where relevant.
You will plan, schedule and traffic all build and amends work on a daily and weekly basis, while also being a checkpoint for completed tasks before being delivered back to the client service/project management team.
You will work across in-house design, strategy and development teams to deliver digital projects for clients.
You will have excellent organisational skills and help to prepare timelines for projects which will be presented to clients.
As a growing business with an ever-evolving digital offer, it is imperative that you possess a can-do attitude and willingness to get stuck in.
This is an excellent opportunity for an agency-side candidate looking to take up a crucial role in the digital team as they look to expand their footprint.
Key responsibilities include:
- Review daily work schedules of the development team, digital designers (where appropriate) and project management team
- Work with stakeholders to develop product briefs and function as a go-between for internal teams to deliver projects on schedule
- Manage and update development/project schedules regularly, keeping all stakeholders informed about projects and amending ticket statuses
- Pre-empting schedule clashes and resolving issues before they impact client or project deliverables
- Work with the stakeholders on forward planning of upcoming projects/new business pitches and allocate appropriate landing spots
- Review, create and implement workflow structures/processes to improve efficiency and delivery of work
- Aim to ensure work and tasks are distributed based on individual’s strengths and skills
- Working with Account/Project managers to understand peaks and troughs in workloads and forward plan accordingly
- Liaison with third parties/external suppliers where necessary
- Updating colleagues in finance with project status to assist with timely billing and invoicing to clients
- Monitoring timesheets to ensure accuracy and completion (for bookable resources)
- Where necessary assume account or project management responsibilities on client work during busy periods
For this role, the agency are looking for a candidate who has/can:
- A warm, positive attitude
- Excellent communication skills
- Demonstrate an understanding of the time and skills required to deliver digital work – primarily websites
- Knowledge of agile working methods
- Ability to multi task
- Take the initiative and work independently
- Ability to communicate clearly and assertively
- An understanding of the digital design and development process
- Resilience and a sense of humour
- Organisational and project management skills for scheduling and forward planning
- Ability to ensure deadlines are met in a busy and demanding environment, whilst motivating a team
- Exposure to project management and scheduling tools – JIRA.
- Meticulous attention to detail and possess problem-solving
They offer a competitive salary depending on experience. Benefits eligible after probationary period include:
- Flexible working arrangements
- Profit share scheme
- Enhanced pension scheme
- Private health cover
- Free annual eye test
- Free income protection
- 30 days annual holiday entitlement*
- Birthday day off
- Active social scene and company events
- Weekly fruit delivery
- Pizza, pastries and cake
- Gym membership to work off the above!
* Including Public and Bank Holidays.
About the agency
They were founded more than 20 years ago and is a leading corporate communications partner supporting businesses ranging from the FTSE 350 through to AIM, as well as private companies and those new to market. They work in print, digital and moving image and specialise in six core areas across numerous sectors:
- Video and animation
- Corporate branding
- Annual reports
- Investor presentations
- Sustainability communications
If this sounds like you or a friend then do get in touch...