Opportunities at the best advertising, marketing, digital, design and production agencies, and client-side placements will be found here. Roles cover every level within account handling, marketing, production and planning.
Digital Project Manager – Digital Display Experience
Post date: 18th February 2020
A top Digital Product and Digital Comms agency are looking for a Digital PM/Delivery Manager to join their growing delivery team.
The agency sees digital production management as a craft. It is driven by a passion for excellence and detail, the exercise of good judgement, and the understanding that half of the job is about people. They are calm, dynamic multi-taskers and problem-solvers, and the guardians of good process and best practices. They are positive and great to be around. All delivery roles are highly client-facing.
This Project Management/Delivery Manager role will have a Digital Display and Digital Comms specialism but may also be required to work on other project types as needed across the Platform build.
This role requires relevant experience of running medium-large projects within the past 2-3 years using either Waterfall or Agile methodology. This particular role has a focus on production of display advertising, content development and campaign performance tracking.
It would be great if you also have experience managing projects across platform/product delivery and ideally would have included UX and UI team collaboration as well as technical.
Demonstrable experience of managing the delivery of high-profile digital campaigns or experience is desirable.
- Preparing for and facilitating all scrum ceremonies – sprint planning sessions, sprint reviews, daily stand-ups, end of sprint retros and end of project retros. Varying retros to maintain good engagement. Running planning poker or other estimation sessions.
- Ensuring all tickets in the sprint backlog are well-defined and have acceptance criteria from the PO and/or QA.
- Enabling the team to own their JIRA board, driving rigour of ticket management and personal responsibility and accountability if needed.
- Tenaciously removing blockers, working to ensure the team can produce their best work at pace.
- Producing end of sprint reports. Examining sprint performance and, combining with retrospective outcomes, using this information to continuously improve the project.
- Facilitating backlog gardening with the team and Product Owner as required. Supporting the PO with release planning and release strategies.
- Meticulous management of release versions and tagging.
- Configuring new JIRA projects correctly.
New Business Endeavours
- Supporting the commercial team’s new business endeavours in accordance with the agency’s processes from solution sketching, production approach, prospect management, ballpark estimation through to firm plan and contractual agreement so that deals are landed swiftly and with low risk.
- Working in close collaboration and communicating well with client services partners.
Planning and Administration
In accordance with the agency’s processes:
- Meticulous resource and budget planning and management.
- Building budgets and producing quotes. Managing the project’s budget day-to-day. Ensuring project time sheets are updated every day to enable good decision making and provision of near-live data to the company.
- Authoring well-written Statements of Work as required.
- Producing detailed project plans for waterfall projects, and resourcing plans for Scrum projects.
- Selecting the appropriate method to deliver the work within the agency’s frameworks. Being able to speak to the benefits of each method and rationale for recommendation.
- Highly organised with regards to setting up, preparing for and attending meetings, whether internal or external.
- Recording key project decisions, feedback (and ensuring execution of feedback). Following up on calls with written summaries.
- Pro-actively reporting project statuses to the Lead Delivery Manager. Raising anticipated production and budgetary issues with the Lead Delivery Manager ahead of time.
- Helping the project team to maintain quality, feasibility, collaboration and knowledge sharing throughout the project.
Practising Core Principles
- Working to solve any and all project problems and maintaining a positive, problem-solving mindset.
- Planning ahead and being anticipatory: anticipating risks, problems, resource bottlenecks.
- Understanding and evangelising about the value of production best practices. Representing production and delivery excellence at the agency.
- Using the written and spoken word to persuade people towards a different or alternative course of action if needed. Conducting oneself in a considered, warm and likeable manner.
- Developing warm professional relationships with clients.
- Explaining complex things in simple (and even compelling) ways.
- Mentoring other more junior members of the team as required.
- In the absence of the Lead Delivery Manager
– Reviewing Statements of Work, costings or project plans from a production perspective for other members of the team.
– Being nominated as the go-to person for new business support, prospect assignment and solution-finding.
- Attending or hosting daily company scrum and daily wrap sessions with the Delivery team.
- Attending other Delivery team sessions as needed e.g. internal seminars.
- The Delivery Manager may be expected to lead presentations to clients, or to contribute to the presentation of pitches and proposals alongside client services and other members of the team.
- Contributing to the agency’s practices with observations and ideas.
You are someone with brilliant people skills that enable you to liaise between team members, departments and the client. You have the ability to be tactful and tenacious all at once when overcoming impediments. You’re known for your excellent attention to detail – always fully in command of the job at hand and committed to technical and creative excellence. You’re able to keep a cool head and remain good-humoured in times of stress and supportive to the individuals in the project team, but you also know when it is the responsible and wise thing to escalate your concerns. Everyone in the team will take their attitudinal and emotional cues from this person, which is why your being calm, good-natured, resilient, energetic and ego-free will serve them well.
You will be working directly with client-side Product Owners and client contacts. Whilst this is not an Account Person role (AM is a distinct and separate team) these relationships are a basic but important part of production at the agency. Building an understanding of the client, using empathy, tact and being helpful whilst preserving the integrity of the project is a crucial balance to strike.
You are adept in use of MS Word, PowerPoint and Excel or have transferable knowledge from Pages, Keynote or Numbers.
Confident use of Macs would be highly beneficial, as would some experience in Flashtalking. DoubleClick, Adobe CS and/or Sketch and Zeplin, different technology stacks, languages and so on.
Literacy and Numeracy
You’re a very competent writer of clear business and production communication to ensure all stakeholders and team members fully understand all the elements of the project and should understand detailed project budgeting. You are professional and articulate over the phone and in writing, with great spelling, punctuation and grammar.
A great business to be part of – apply today!
If this sounds like you or a friend then do get in touch...