Opportunities at the best advertising, marketing, digital, design and production agencies, and client-side placements will be found here. Roles cover every level within account handling, marketing, production and planning.
Delivery Manager/Senior PM – DIGITAL AGENCY ROLE
Post date: 26th September 2019
A great opportunity for an Agile trained, Digital Delivery Manager or Senior Project Manager – with great skills in delivering platform, product and web build projects – to join a forward thinking, innovative creative digital agency in Central London.
This amazing Digital Agency’s delivery team sees production management as a craft. It is driven by a passion for excellence and detail, the exercise of good judgement, and the understanding that half of the job is about people. They are calm, dynamic multi-taskers and problem-solvers, and the guardians of good process and best practices. They are positive and great to be around. All delivery roles are highly client-facing.
This Delivery Manager role will have a platform and product specialism but may also be required to work on other project types as needed.
This role requires an active Agile Scrum certification, as well as relevant experience of running medium-large Scrum projects within the past 2-3 years. These projects should include platform/product work, and ideally would have included UX and UI team effort as well as technical. Demonstrable experience of managing the delivery of high-profile digital products or experience is desirable.
- Preparing for and facilitating all scrum ceremonies – sprint planning sessions, sprint reviews, daily stand-ups, end of sprint retros and end of project retros. Varying retros to maintain good engagement. Running planning poker or other estimation sessions.
- Ensuring all tickets in the sprint backlog are well-defined and have acceptance criteria from the PO and/or QA.
- Enabling the team to own their JIRA board, driving rigour of ticket management and personal responsibility and accountability if needed.
- Tenaciously removing blockers, working to ensure the team can produce their best work at pace.
- Producing end of sprint reports. Examining sprint performance and, combining with retrospective outcomes, using this information to continuously improve the project.
- Facilitating backlog gardening with the team and Product Owner as required. Supporting the PO with release planning and release strategies.
- Meticulous management of release versions and tagging.
- Configuring new JIRA projects correctly.
New Business Endeavours
- Supporting the commercial team’s new business endeavours in accordance with agency processes from solution sketching, production approach, prospect management, ballpark estimation through to firm plan and contractual agreement so that deals are landed swiftly and with low risk.
- Working in close collaboration and communicating well with client services partners.
Planning and Administration
In accordance with agency processes:
- Meticulous resource and budget planning and management.
- Building budgets and producing quotes. Managing the project’s budget day-to-day. Ensuring project time sheets are updated every day to enable good decision making and provision of near-live data to the company.
- Authoring well-written Statements of Work as required.
- Producing detailed project plans for waterfall projects, and resourcing plans for Scrum projects.
- Selecting the appropriate method to deliver the work within the agency’s frameworks. Being able to speak to the benefits of each method and rationale for recommendation.
- Highly organised with regards to setting up, preparing for and attending meetings, whether internal or external.
- Recording key project decisions, feedback (and ensuring execution of feedback). Following up on calls with written summaries.
- Pro-actively reporting project statuses to the Lead Delivery Manager. Raising anticipated production and budgetary issues with the Lead Delivery Manager ahead of time.
- Helping the project team to maintain quality, feasibility, collaboration and knowledge sharing throughout the project.
Practising Core Principles
- Working to solve any and all project problems, and maintaining a positive, problem-solving mindset.
- Planning ahead and being anticipatory: anticipating risks, problems, resource bottlenecks.
- Understanding and evangelising about the value of production best practices. Representing production and delivery excellence at the agency.
- Using the written and spoken word to persuade people towards a different or alternative course of action if needed. Conducting oneself in a considered, warm and likeable manner.
- Developing warm professional relationships with clients.
- Explaining complex things in simple (and even compelling) ways.
- Mentoring other more junior members of the team as required.
- In the
absence of the Lead Delivery Manager
- Reviewing Statements of Work, costings or project plans from a production perspective for other members of the team.
- Being nominated as the go-to person for new business support, prospect assignment and solution-finding.
- Attending or hosting daily company scrum and daily wrap sessions with the Delivery team.
- Attending other Delivery team sessions as needed e.g. internal seminars.
- The Delivery Manager may be expected to lead presentations to clients, or to contribute to the presentation of pitches and proposals alongside client services and other members of the team.
- Contributing to the agency’s practices with observations and ideas.
A really great role in a digital agency of note working with an intelligent and focused team and amazing work.
If this sounds like you or a friend then do get in touch...