Opportunities at the best advertising, marketing, digital, design and production agencies, and client-side placements will be found here. Roles cover every level within account handling, marketing, production and planning.
Lead Digital & Technology Strategist – Agency
Post date: 12th August 2019
London based independent award winning digital agency, is currently looking for an exceptional strategist to join the business, who will define and lead the strategy function.
Having tripled in size over the last four years, this digital agency has experienced significant growth and success in recent times. The company holds a stellar roster of clients and are planning to further expand this year, continuing to deliver forward-thinking, best-in-class solutions for their existing and new client base.
At present, strategy is the responsibility of the Managing Director, collaboratively supported by various departmental heads. With the addition of this new role, they wish to strengthen and deepen their capability in this area to better support their continued growth. They are searching for someone to join the business who can truly make this role their own. It is a fantastic opportunity for somebody with a clear vision of the role digital strategy has in developing digital solutions that deliver for both clients and users.
You already hold a role as a strategist, and are looking to move to a place where you can have a greater influence over your work and an agency’s direction. You are looking for a home, not just the next rung on the career ladder. In return, you’ll have the freedom to shape your role and the way the business offer and deliver strategy, as well as playing a central role in the company’s overall direction and growth.
The right candidate will be an enthusiastic and highly articulate strategist, and someone who can bring a genuine passion for digital. You will have an affinity for sharing this knowledge both internally and with clients, as well as with a wider audience of prospects and the industry as a whole.
What does success look like?
- Establish a strategy proposition and approach for the agency establishing it as a core pillar of our offering
- Play a significant role in winning new business through contributing a relevant but differentiated strategy for prospects
- Position the business as a thought leader in the sector, raising the profile through outbound communications and engagements
- Embed the agency more deeply with clients through increased involvement and influence in clients’ strategic planning
- Be hands-on with research and insights, able to identify industry trends and be succinct with your recommendations
Roles & responsibilities
- Developing the approach for strategy projects, and producing costed proposals for clients
- Undertaking client-specific and speculative research into industries, markets and technical trends to share with clients and/or present at industry events, as well as publish on the business website and social channels
- Establishing the most appropriate tools and techniques for gaining an in-depth understanding of clients’ businesses and their customers
- Setting up and analysing user surveys, interviews and workshops, to generate key insights that define strategy and tactics for digital solutions
- Leading and evolving the agency research approach, including desk research, workshops and surveys
- Working collaboratively with the user experience team to ensure strategies are accurately realised
- Contributing to developing and evolving the company’s new business strategies
- Supporting the new business activity by leveraging trends, research, and insights to guide the response to opportunities
- Taking a central role in assessing new business opportunities and then developing, writing and presenting the agency’s response
- Monitoring technology, industry, and behavioural patterns to ensure all solutions take advantage of the latest technology and are aligned with evolving trends
Experience likely to include
- Worked in high growth environments
- Evidence of delivering service led strategy, in particular identifying areas where technology can deliver against business goals
- Experience running strategy projects, from pricing to delivery to measurement
- Informed on best practices and trends in mobile, development, UX and emerging technologies
- Interacted with leadership teams, and influenced key stakeholders
- Excellent communication skills, in particular bringing strategy to life and sharing to clients and the community
- Experience of user centric thinking and focused on delivering experiences that help the end user
- Inquisitive mind, learning new technologies and trends
- Real team player, contributing to team and business development
- Should have passion and experience in technology, understand its benefits and pitfalls
- Demonstrated your ability to understand and advise across multiple sectors
What they offer
- Quarterly bonus scheme (based on company performance)
- 28 days of holidays
- Training budget
- Pension scheme
- Private healthcare insurance
- Cycle to work scheme
- Friendly open working environment
- Free breakfast
- Central London location
- Great clients
If this sounds like you or a friend then do get in touch...